Friday, January 01, 2021

Top 10 Moments of 2020 (and, as always, honorable mentions)

Today is Sept. 5th 2021, but I am going to back date this post to Jan. 1st... That pretty much sums up the past 18 months, huh!! 2020 was a whirlwind of crazy, crazier and massive life change... As always, we keep moving forward and looking for ways to be the Spark for ourselves, our family and the world!

P.S. This marks the 10th entry into my 'Top 10 moments of the year,' absolutely insane, by the literal definition to look back at everything that has happened in ten years. If you want to see those previous years, scroll all the way to the bottom for the links.

Honorable Mentions:
*) JoJo #JeepLife (With everything that happened this year, I cannot put JoJo into the top 10 but taking her naked on backroad rides is probably the thing I do more than anything else)!


*) Biking (We didn't know it when we moved to Northwest Arkansas but it is considered the "Biking Capital of the World" and it has not disappointed... From Fayetteville to Bella Vista, it's amazing!).

*) 
4th of July (Everyone always claims that their local fireworks are better than everyone else's but let me tell you... I've been to A LOT of places and our new neighborhood is off the charts).

*) Hunting (I haven't been hunting since my freshmen year of college, I just didn't appreciate the early mornings and the cold deer stands, but I was determined to make sure Jax has every experience). 

*) Lake Days (Looking back over the year, I noticed we managed to get to the lake THREE times, which is great news, because Courtney really loves it and the kids smile ear to ear the entire time). 


Top 10 Moments of 2020: 
10) TikTok Creator (Though most of the honorable mentions mean more to me than this "moment," TikTok has probably been one of the biggest changes in my day-to-day. Any given moment we might have the opportunity to impact MILLIONS of folks).

9) 
Corporate Speaking (Yep, still rocking the corporate speaking engagements. There isn't much more I LOVE doing, then having the opportunity to help others win. Want more info: Surge Leadership, LLC!!

8) Christmas Day Box Suite (That's right, back-to-back years watching the Cowboys play in box seats! Both years were truly Once in a Lifetime moments so you've got to believe the rest of this list is out of control!).

7) 14er with the 14 year old (So thankful for friends that could help us conquer Quandary Peak. And in a super crazy turn of events... I did it with COVID-19. I kept thinking I was having horrible altitude sickness, but we got it done!).

6) 
Social Champs (When we started this conversation there were a couple dozen individuals chomping at the bit to move this conversation forward... Today we are THOUSANDS strong. It's an amazing time!) #WalmartSocialChamps

5) 
Kanakuk (Though we have been to family kamp together a couple times, this was the first time for each of the kids to go on their own. And of course, Bear would land on the cover of the marketing page!) #KanakukKamps

4) Baptizing (Of course this is the hope and prayer of all parents that believe in the hope and faith of Jesus. Cooler still is the true blessing that I have had the opportunity to baptize both the bigs now). 

3) Once in a Lifetime (As mentioned above, there have been more than a couple once in a lifetime moments this year... And an all inclusive adults only vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico at the Hacienda Encantada with my beautiful bride was truly a memory that will be with us forever!) 

2) Out with the Old and In with the New (After 8+ years in the house all three of the kids grew up in, it was time to move to Arkansas and find the home they will be teenagers in. We are truly blessed).

1) The New Job (Now this was a true "turn of events," after close to five years with Walmart, I was literally made an offer I couldn't refuse to leave and join the team at Brand Networks, but plot-twist, still technically working for Walmart. It's a crazy life we are living but I can't wait to see how it all plays out)!


It's been a heck of a year... Thank you for celebrating it with me! It hasn't been all bells and whistles but God is good and faithful. Keep moving forward friends!

*Catch me on: FB, IG, LI AND OF COURSE TikTok (@TheSurgeBerg) or, as always, my website!!

**Are you still interested... Here's the past NINE years201120122013, 2014, 20152016, 20172018 and 2019!!

No comments: