No clue if anyone is still interested in what's going on with our journey but if so, here we are again, posting another crazy year of old life experiences in a completely new context, as well as, brand new moments. This has become far more of a public journal for myself but I hope it is at the same time inspiring to others to keep moving forward with goals and dreams no matter what life throws at you.
I honestly didn't think it could get any crazier BUT sure 'nough... This year I learned a ton, spending countless hours experiencing a whole new business, new aspects of life and a new season for our family. As we move into 2017, the Berg's have the same goals and dreams (help people win) but in a totally new paradigm than we could have ever imagined. I truly believe this will be the biggest year of change we've had and we're very nervous but extremely excited at the same time! Get out there and "change things" this year!
Now on to the top 10 moments of 2016... Reminder that not all moments are great but they are the "moments" of the year that have shaped this season.
*) THE DALLAS COWBOYS (It's been a great season but if we make it all the way to the Super Bowl, you better know that will be a top 3 moment in 2017)!!
*) Gay Pride Parade (Crazy new experience for me, encouraging and sad)!!
*) Spending Time with Jeff Foxworthy (Semi-Long story, but very solid and down to earth man)!!
*) Wifey Perfecting the Chocolate Chip Cookie (No, Seriously)!!
*) More Certifications (Food Safety, Football Coach, FEMA Emergency Response, etc.)!!
Top 10 Moments of 2016:
10) Having the Best Wedding Date Ever (I still have the privilege of officiating weddings but this is the first time just Rae joined me)!!
9) One Full Year with the Largest Retailer in the WORLD (And getting to be on TV SEVERAL times representing all of our Tulsa area stores)!!
8) Rae having to have Surgery AND in a Wheelchair the whole Summer (Not only was she an amazing trooper in this but so was my Amazing wife, she was so strong for our unit)!!
7) Jock (Yes, we finally gave in...Here's to hoping he will be around for a long time)!!
6) Football & European Football (Jax started his first season ((Starting Center)), Rae joined a competitive team ((after surgery I might add)) and Bear totally dominated)!!
5) Birthday DDW: Fly a Plane (Oh Yeah, that's me... FLYING A STINKING PLANE)!!
4) DDW: Route 66 (At least the Oklahoma part of it for now)!!
3) The Spartan Code becoming an Official Registered Trademark of Surge Leadership, LLC (This was an expensive and stressful one, but we made it and is already opening some very exciting opportunities we hope to share very soon)!!
2) Berg Family Fun Days (This particular one was our Devil's Den Camping Trip)!!
1) Falling more in Love with My Wife (Tons of Great Dates)!!
I'm so thankful I take the time to do this each year... It's so good for the soul to reflect!!
Want to take a look back to the previous five years? Here you go: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015!!
Want to connect? Catch my new account on Facebook or as always at SurgeLeadership.net and/or TheSpartanCode.com!!