Monday, January 01, 2018

Top 10 Moments of 2017 (and, as always, honorable mentions)

With so much that has happened this year and even more happening RIGHT NOW... I'm both excited to post this and yet sad to realize it is only my third blog post in the past 12-months (there will be many more this coming year, get ready!)

In a nutshell, 2018 is going to be crazy!!  We have spent the entire year laying groundwork to finally launch the 'Modern Day Agoge' (Spartan Code's monthly training plan) THIS MONTH!!  Not to mention, I have started yet another new position, still within the Walmart family but new focus, AND yes with all that and the fact that my family is still my number one priority, it's going to be a bumpy ride.  

All that being said... Let's do a quick look back into the top 10 moments of 2017 (Reminder that not all moments are great but they are the biggest "moments" of the year).

Honorable Mentions:
*) Dallas Cowboys (This past season has been a big let down, however, last seasons' playoffs were also in 2017, so they balance out)!!





*) "Sonic Ice" in My Kitchen (Big birthday present from the wife... It's amazing, look at that 23 flavors in a glass over rabbit turd ice)!!


*) Visiting Home Office (Got invited for a meeting and we made the most of it... Been back several times since, so that's cool)!!


*) Salt Plains (Yes, Finally made it... Haven't been since I was their age)!!


*) The Beard ("It renders handsome men better looking and ugly ones more frightening")!!



Top 10 Moments of 2017:
10) Fixer Upper (Took off seven days from work and busted out more jobs than I ever want to do again: Built a new fence, Painted the entire outside, Cleaned the vents, Power-sprayed everything concrete, Installed a new HVAC Unit and got a new roof put on)!!


9) Having Too Much Fun at My Job (My VPI: The InflataBull & the Campaign to Share 1,000 Smiles)!!  **P.S. I did happen to take a new position this year as well... Facilitator at Walmart Academy (I equip all managers and supervisors in Northeast Oklahoma to be awesome!)


8) Camping Trips (This has become a very big Berg Family tradition with THREE camping trips this past year (Turner Falls, Robbers Cave and Tenkiller) with two more already scheduled in '18)!!


7) Milestone Moments (Blacksmithing a blade with my son for his twelfth birthday and Supporting my daughter as she ran for class office)!!


6) Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey & New York (Six states down in our quest to 50 by 2024, Jackson's graduation... Also thankful we were able to attend the Berg Family reunion, since that's what got us out there)!!


5) Another DDW: Running the "Rocky Steps" (Oh Yeah, with my daughter!)!!


4) Dog Attack (Not at all a happy moment but one that has changed our lives... I couldn't get the nerve to post the ER photos, they are so scary and bad... No clue how Court and Jock made it out, not to mention and never want to think about Charleigh being completely untouched)!!


3) Surge Leadership, LLC AND NOW Spartan Code, LLC (So much work but finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, at least for phase one... Modern Day Agoge, starts THIS month, you can sign up for more information right here)!!


2) Berg Family Fun Nights (Though we have dinner together every night, BFFNs are still are most favorite and we have had some doozies)!!


1) Falling more in Love with My Wife AGAIN (53 Dates in 2017, below is one of our first date of the year at Looney Bin and our last date at Baskin Robbins... Here's to 54 Dates in 2018)!!


We are so blessed, and I mean that in every meaning of the word, may I often take time to reflect at these moments to never lose sight... May I always remain thankful for this season and the next!!
Curious about the past several years... Here's six201120122013, 2014, 2015 and 2016!!


Want to connect?  
Catch my new account on Facebook (or Twitter and Instagram) or as always at SurgeLeadership.net and/or TheSpartanCode.com!!

No comments: