Friday, February 29, 2008

Though movies are not a new found passion of mine, the opportunity to watch films in one sitting, has become one!! So yesterday, being my day off, I went to Tulsa (Southroads 20) and bought my first ticket at the 1:45pm time slot. Only a mere ten hours later I had accomplished my mission...the day at the movies!! Though I was looking for a day off, it seemed God was able to remind me that "everything is spiritual" and today would be no different...

Movie #1: There will be Blood
A very incredible acting job by (and well deserved Oscar) Daniel Day-Lewis as well as an solid plot of 'Oil!' and what it does and did to people 100 years ago... I found the movie slow at times with light conversation, however, the spiritual context heavy showing man's greed and passion for empty things... All in all, worth watch but not recommended!!

Movie #2: No Country for Old Men
Homerun for "oh my gosh, that just happened!!" I don't want to ruin it for you but the bad guy wins and leaves us thinking, "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people." If you love movies, then I recommend this film. (i.e. If you think Will Smith is the best actor of "our generation" you should pass, not that anyone would say something like that :))

Movie #3ish: Be Kind Rewind/Jumper
The idea is awesome but the execution was...crap! I actually had to leave and find something else to occupy my time (sorry for not buying another ticket). Thus, Jumper is a film that I missed a lot of but now I feel it necessary to rent it when it is released!

Movie #4: U2-3D
The last movie of the night and I even got my own glasses (3D)… If you haven’t been to this and you are a U2 fan, dare I say you are not a U2 fan (yeah, I said it)!! This movie 3D concert was great and made me feel Bono’s sweat however it also gave me a close look at his new head band:


Below is the graphic a little clearer…


Yes, “coexist”, using the Crescent from the Islamic faith, the Star of David from God’s chose (the Jews), and a Cross which Christians believe Christ (Jesus) was crucified on… Thus we should all coexist in harmony!

What do you think about this??

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I THINK that you like watching movies too much :)

Courtney said...

and I also think that co-existing on earth is good to an extent as far as we (as christians) should be loving to people and peaceful like the bible commands us to be, however, I don't think that it means we need to be tolerant of other gods when there is only ONE way to Him (through his Son) and only ONE true God. I don't exactly know what that looks like...except maybe they will see in us what their soul is longing for---their Creator, Savior, Father

Becky said...

So, my take is we have not choice but to coexist (we can ignore, but they are not leaving), but we definitely have a choice to co-believe (for lack of a better term)!!!! Courtney is right - there is only ONE WAY, but if we are not coexisting on some level, they may never see glimpses that ONE WAY!!! I sure am learning a lot about this out here - not so much with Muslims, but just with non-christians period!! We have to live so that others ask why. If we are living that way in our own little world, we would never meet people who would ask.

Glad you're blogging - and you are definitely watching too many movies!!!!

Marci said...

Psalm 1:1 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers."

Is it still ok to "coexist"? How do we coexist? These are lingering questions I have.

Brent Colaw said...

Will (big willie, fresh prince) Smith is THE GREATEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME! However I will agree to coexist peacefully with anyone who disagrees with me. (although you would be woefully wrong)