Thursday, May 08, 2008

Just a quick note...

I just wanted to make a quick comment about the post a few days ago (mike yaconelli)... Did anyone actually watch the whole thing?? What did you think about it...

For a fulltime youthworker, its an incredible video... Many of those same frustration have or do exist for me!! Example: my first two years we (the gcc staff) spent a lot of time on gift tests and personality test, etc. OR I constantly meet with teens who have been kicked out of church for wearing too much black or smoking...

My second year I was here, a man come up to me during our Wednesday night program and said, "Jeff, are you aware that there are some youth out front smoking?" My response, "I didn't, but isn't that awesome that they feel welcome here!!" Over the next few months my life (job) got tough!!

HOWEVER!!!! Do hear how incredible it is today... Grace Community Church, truly is a spirit filled (in the biblical sense) body of believers who are truly starting to get the vision of Jesus when He said, "go"!! It's with our love that we can be Christ's hands and feet in our community!!

Fight the fight, finish the race...and remember that the church is not a building but a group of passionate followers of God

No comments: