Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bike Rides with God!!

God ALWAYS shows up when I'm on my bike... It's awesome!!
Today was no different...

As I attempted to ride to work on my bike this morning, He had me chewing on Matthew 7:13-23 and continuing to reveal more depths of the wide and narrow paths!!

Many things came to mind... Here's just a few:
- Cars blowing by me on the main roads as I struggled on a 'road less traveled'...
(You see, wide is the road that leads to destruction and most are on it, but narrow is the road that leads to life and not a lot of folks will find it... OR USE IT!!)

- The sidewalk was often grass or cracked, like no one cared to take care of it because it wasn't used much...
(The world isn't going to spend money or time on things that seem less productive or not beneficial to their progress... It's our job, God's people, to show them this way is worth it and their way clearly just isn't working anymore!!)

- Big trucks blowing by honking and getting really close to the curb, almost like they were angry I was in eyeshot...
(Many folks are going to get angry at you if you are honoring God... Sometimes because they were hurt by the church once before or maybe just because living in sin is easy and natural until someone comes along and shows you its possible without it!!)

- The many hills and wind that almost seem to punish me or get me to quit...
(Everything in this world is going to try and keep you from staying on the narrow path, to get you to quit, to defeat you... BUT Jesus says its going to be hard but oh so worth it!! We must fight the good fight, find christian brothers and sisters to encourage us, and stay focused on the prize!!!)

God is sooooo Good... I hope today you give Him a few minutes of your time to let Him speak to your heart!!
God is always: Listening, There and Ready (Matthew 7:7-12)!!!

1 comment:

Hawaiian Odysseus said...

Great job on your blog! The terrific photos and occasional video complement your well-written text. Keep up the great work!